Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sad to Say


I always found sad music to be beautiful in general. In fact I will most likely appreciate any form of art that reflects sadness or a certain type of darkness, be it a painting, book, song or poem, etc.

Some people find melancholic-bound art to be of a depressive effect, meaning that it would be prone to induce depression-like states; it would then be wise to refrain from indulging in such art form (listening to sad music, reading sad books, etc.). But it is crucial to note that the effect of art forms impregnated with melancholic feelings/sentiments on different individuals will be of a relatively varied nature also.

My observation is thus: I personally appreciate such art forms since they but seldom cause me to have depressive emotions; I would say that 90% of the time I listen to sad music, for example, it does not cause me to become depressive; I may then absorb the positive aspect of sad art (its beauty) without being affected negatively by the danger inherent in this kind of art, meaning being controlled by negative feelings.

My conclusion would be that sad art can eventually cause negativity/bad emotions in some cases but it may also bring forth great, positive feelings to the individual that has a temper most suited to appreciate its underlying beauty and power.


No comments:

Post a Comment